At First Lutheran, you are welcome!
- You are welcome whether you are single, married, divorced, widowed, straight, gay, lesbian, transgendered, bisexual, asexual, confused, prim and proper, rough around the edges, thick, thin, or frumpy.
- We also welcome crying babies, fidgety children, texting middle-schoolers, and sleepy high school students.
- We welcome singers that can carry a tune, and we welcome those that are tone deaf and can’t keep a beat.
- You are welcome here if you’re just browsing, just woke up, or just got out of prison. Those who are in recovery or still addicted are also welcome. That means we welcome you if you are more pious
than Saint Peter or can’t remember the last time you attended church.
- We extend a special welcome to those that have attained the wisdom of being a certain age and also those who are growing up too fast.
- We welcome every race, creed, color, alien, and stranger (because you never know, they might be an angel).
- We welcome healthy and fit people, couch potatoes, sports families, starving artists, tree huggers,
latte drinkers, vegans, and junk food junkies.
- We welcome those who know they are crazy and don't care. We welcome those still working on themselves in the midst of a crazy life and those who think they are normal.
- You’re welcome if you're having problems, are down in the dumps, or just don't like organized
- We offer welcome to those who think the earth was created in six days or six billion years.
- If you happen to be a democrat, a republican, an independent, a libertarian, or just always disgusted; you’re also welcome here.
- We welcome those who lose sleep over finances, those who wear rose-colored glasses, those who
work over-time, and those who don't work at all.
- All are welcome whether they only come to worship on Christmas and Easter or they come every week.
- We welcome has-beens, over-achievers, geeks, nerds, athletes, goths, emos, millenials, and all those who are inked, pierced, or weighed down with bling.
- We welcome those who could use a prayer right now and those who have had religion shoved down their throat.
- We welcome those who get lost trying to find the Corn Palace and ended up here (we’re just a few blocks away).
- We welcome seekers, tourists, college students, church hoppers, and church shoppers. We welcome the rich and the poor.
All are welcome because every one of us is a sinner who needs to hear the Good News of Jesus Christ.
So most importantly... we welcome you!